FAQs on Stroke Prevention
Being familiar with the prevention guidelines of stroke is a very important key in raising the awareness and inhibition of obtaining the disease, especially during the advanced years. These guidelines intend to cover all kinds of strokes.
- What is a stroke?
Stroke is described as an injury to our brain created by a blockage of the blood supply.
- What are the types of stroke?
- An ischemic stroke occurs when a blood vessel inside or heading to the brain is clogged.
- A hemorrhagic stroke happens when a blood vessel rupture creates a non-ischemic/bleeding stroke.
- A transient ischemic attack appears when the blockage is transient but can be deemed a major risk factor for a larger stroke.
- Why are the guidelines to prevent/manage stroke important?
The guidelines are modernized based on the contemporary research conclusions with a result concluding that healthy lifestyle modifications can decrease the risk of a first stroke by eighty percent (80%).
- What is in the guideline?
- Quit/not smoking
- Eat a low-fat diet loaded with fruits and vegetables
- Drink alcohol in regulation
- Exercise daily
- Maintain a normal body weight
- Take vitamins and use medical supplies in Florida
As a result of old age, older adults may face challenges in following the healthy guidelines in preventing a stroke and the essential health products needed to support this guideline.